Skip to content
- AWS Lambda is a cost-effective compute service offered by Amazon AWS.
- Lambda functions enable users to run APIs / applications and pay for only the computation hours.
- Lambda functions run only when a request happens and shut down after a configurable default timeout
- The default timeout for a Lambda function is 30 secs and can run for up to 15 minutes.
- These functions can be executed from a variety of trigger sources such as API Gateway, Cloudwatch, Dynamo DB etc.
- Since Lambda functions boot up only after a request is received, they’re prone to a slight delay which is called as "cold start time"
- Lambda functions support most popular languages such as NodeJS, Python, Java, ASP.NET Core