What are CLR and CTS in .NET?
- CLR stands for Common Language Runtime.
- It provides the necessary runtime environment and services for the managed code created by the compiler and runs the code.
- CLR is responsible for the management of the object layout, referencing the objects and releasing them when not necessary. It is also responsible for the Garbage Collection.
- CTS stands for Common Type System.
- It is a subsystem of the CLR, which describes how the types are declared, used and managed in the runtime.
• Added 28 days ago