- Parallel processing is the ability to run multiple processes concurrently at any given time.
- In C#, Parallel library helps in running multiple processes over multiple cores of the CPU.
- A process can contain multiple-threads.
- The major difference between multi-process and multi-threaded system is that:
- In multi-process, multiple programs are run at the same time.
- Each process is allocated separate memory and CPU for execution.
- In multi-threaded, multiple threads are run at the same time, where these threads may belong to the same process or different processes.
- All the threads belonging to a process share the same memory and CPU that is allocated to the process.
Found this article helpful? Please consider supporting!