What is the difference between HttpHandler and HttpModule?
- Both HttpHandler and HttpModule are core to the ASP.NET MVC framework
- HttpHandler takes a request and responds with a response
- HttpModule is a component that executes a specific functionality for every request, such as Security, Authentication, Logging and so on.
- HttpHandler is associated to handle requests related to specific extensions such as RSS, Images, MIME and others.
- a HttpModule implements the IHttpModule and HttpHandler implements the IHttpHandler. Both are registered in the web.config
Posted Feb 22, 2021