Skip to content
- Shared controls are controls which apply to both Infrastructure and Customer layers.
- AWS provides the requirements for the infrastructure and customer must provide their own control implementations within their use of services.
- Examples include –
- Patch Management – AWS responsible for patching the infrastructure, consumers responsible for patching their own guest OS, databases and applications
- Configuration Management – AWS responsible for configuring its infrastructure devices, consumers responsible for configuring their own guest OS, databases and applications
- Awareness and Training – AWS trains its own employees, consumers responsible for training their own employees