Skip to content
- Spot Instances are a cost-effective solutions when consistent uptime of the instances is not an issue and continuous processing is not required
- A Spot Instance is an instance that uses spare EC2 capacity that is available for less than the On-Demand price.
- Spot Instance runs whenever capacity is available and the maximum price per hour for our request exceeds the hourly price for a Spot Instance, also called as Spot Price.
- Amazon EC2 terminates, stops, or hibernates the Spot Instance when Amazon EC2 needs the capacity back or the Spot price exceeds the maximum price for the request.
- It provides a Spot Instance interruption notice, which gives the instance a two-minute warning before it is interrupted.
- Spot Instances are ideal for – Batch Jobs, Optional Tasks, Data Analysis, CI/CD servers, Background processing etc.
- Spot Instances are generally offered with upto 90% discount off the on-demand price