- An Edge Location is a datacenter owned by a trusted partner of AWS which has a direct connection to AWS Network.
- Edge Locations serve requests for CloudFront and Route53
- Requests to these services will be automatically routed to the nearest Edge Location
- S3 Transfer Accelerator and API Gateway Endpoint traffic also use Edge Location network
- It allows for low latency of services no matter where the end user is geographically located
A site that CloudFront uses to cache copies of your content for faster delivery to users at any location.– https://wa.aws.amazon.com/wellarchitected/2020-07-02T19-33-23/wat.concept.edge-location.en.html