What is a factory pattern? how do you implement it?
- Factory Method is one of the 23 design patterns.
- It is a creational pattern, meaning it describes the best way of instantiating a class based on an input varying condition.
- Factory method helps in deciding which instance of a class needs to be supplied based on an input condition which is resolved during runtime.
- It helps in creating loosely-coupled applications where the choice of functionality can be switched during runtime.
- It states that - "just define an interface or abstract class for creating an object but let the subclasses decide which class to instantiate"
Exploring Design Patterns - Factory Method
Posted May 14, 2021