IOptions and IOptionsSnapshot are interfaces provided as a part of the IOptions framework provided in ASP.NET Core.
There are three interfaces provided by this namespace as a part of configuring IOptions instances.
- IOptionsSnapshot and
- Options configured in IOptions are registered as SingletonServices
- Can be injected into any service for accessing options
- Doesn’t support option updates when configuration changes
- Doesn’t support Named options
- Options configured in IOptionsSnapshot are registered as ScopedServices
- Can be injected into only Scoped and Transient services
- Supports updated options even after configuration is loaded
- Supports Named options