the full syntax of a SELECT query with all the possible CLAUSES is:
SELECT column_list | * FROM table_name [ JOIN table_name1 ON join_condition ] [ JOIN table_name2 ON join_condition .. ] [ WHERE query_condition ] [ GROUP BY group_by_column_list expression ] [ HAVING query_condition ] [ ORDER BY column_list [ ASC | DESC ]
In this syntax:
- column_list is where the list of desired columns is mentioned.
- JOIN conditions to link results from more than one tables which are related by common column(s) or key(s)
- WHERE condition to specify the filtering condition on the result dataset
- GROUP BY to aggregate the result data based one or more columns
- HAVING is a secondary condition to apply on the data that is grouped using the GROUP BY clause
- ORDER BY is to sort the final dataset based on one or more columns.